FARMINGDALE, NY - Senior Chauncey Allers (Wilton, CT) went 2-0 against the Rams, but the Western Connecticut State University men's tennis team remained winless after falling at Farmingdale College, 7-2 on a windy Thursday afternoon.
In second-flight doubles, he and Matthew Carino (Sandy Hook, CT) won an exciting match at #2
In singles, William Hogan (Ridgefield, CT) had his first lost of the season, falling to Mark Baker, 6-3 and 6-2.
Matthew Carino (Sandy Hook, CT) and Allers were simultaneously playing a third set tiebreaker in singles. Allers finished with a win over Malik Bass, 6-2, 3-6 and 10-6, while Carino dropped a heartbreaker, 7-6, 3-6, 9-11.
"It was a tough match today versus a very good opponent," stated WestConn head coach Shawn Stillman. "It will help in our preparation for our matches this weekend."
The Colonials return home for a Saturday and Sunday homestand. They take on Bridgewater State University on Saturday with first serve set for 1pm. On Sunday, John Jay College venture to Westside Courst for a noon tilt against WestConn.
Tennis Match Results
Western Connecticut vs Farmingdale State
Apr 04, 2019 at Farmingdale, NY
Farmingdale State 7, Western Connecticut 2
1. Baker, Mark (FSCM) def. William Hogan (WCSUM) 6-3, 6-2
2. Gaudio, Steven (FSCM) def. Matthew Carino (WCSUM) 6-7, 6-3, 1-0 (11-9)
3. Chauncey Allers (WCSUM) def. Bass, Malik (FSCM) 6-2, 3-6, 1-0 (10-6)
4. Kafka, Daniel (FSCM) def. Mathew Kusaila (WCSUM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Maslak, Bradley (FSCM) def. Jerry Narcisse (WCSUM) 6-1, 6-0
6. Everett, Cooper (FSCM) def. Zachary Ruscoe (WCSUM) 6-1, 6-1
1. Baker, Mark/Gaudio, Steven (FSCM) def. William Hogan/Mathew Kusaila (WCSUM) 8-0
2. Chauncey Allers/Matthew Carino (WCSUM) def. Bass, Malik/Kafka, Daniel (FSCM) 8-5
3. Maslak, Bradley/Molchan, Chris (FSCM) def. Myckland Cothias/Zachary Ruscoe (WCSUM) 8-3
Western Connecticut 0-5
Farmingdale State 3-2